Let us pray for our brothers and sisters as they go forth with courage and determination to face the forces of violence, weapons of destruction and hearts filled with hate.
RESPONSE: THROUGH THE DARKNESS BRING US TO THE LIGHT.Deacon or Reader:
For our Commander-In-Chief, President [Barak Obama] and our political and military leaders that they may tirelessly seek peaceful settlements to international disputes; we pray to the Lord:That the Lord may preserve the members of our Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and Air Force from all harm; we pray to the Lord: That even in war, we may keep clearly before us the defense of all human rights, especially the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; we pray to the Lord: That the families, relatives and friends of our military members may be strengthened in this time of concern and anxiety; we pray to the Lord: That the Lord may help families with men and women in the armed forces to cope with daily challenges in the absence of their loved ones; we pray to the Lord: That our homeland will be preserved from violence and terrorism; we pray to the Lord: That the nations of the world will seek to work together in harmony and peace; we pray to the Lord: That the hearts of all men and women will be moved to pursue true peace and justice; we pray to the Lord: That violence may be overcome by peace; that weapons of destruction be transformed into tools of justice, and hate give way to true charity; we pray to the Lord: That grateful for and inspired by those veterans who have given their lives for our country we may bravely face the challenges ahead; we pray to the Lord:
Lord God, Almighty Father,
creator of mankind and author of peace,
as we are ever mindful of the cost paid for the liberty we possess,
we ask you to bless the members of our armed forces.
Give them courage, hope and strength.
May they ever experience your firm support, gentle love and compassionate healing.
Be their power and protector, leading them from darkness to light.
To you be all glory, honor and praise, now and forever.
Amen.Prayers in a Time of War
1. For Troops
All-powerful and ever-living God,
when Abraham left his native land
and departed from his people
you kept him safe through all his journeys.
Protect these soldiers.
Be their constant companion and their strength in battle,
their refuge in every adversity.
Guide them, O Lord, that they may return home in safety.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. 2. Prayer of a Spouse for a Soldier
God of power and might,
at every moment and in every place
you are near to those who call upon your name in faith.
In marriage you have blessed us with a share in your divine love.
Look upon my husband/wife and keep him/her in your safekeeping,
no matter where the road may lead.
And when the battle is ended,
bring him/her safely home to those who love him.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. 2. Prayer of a Son or Daughter for a Parent
you watch over each and every one of your children.
Hear my prayer for my father/mother.
Be his/her constant companion.
Protect him/her no matter where he/she goes,
and bring him/her safely and quickly home to those who love him/her.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. 3. Prayer of a Parent for a Soldier
Father all-powerful and ever-loving God,
from before we were born,
your love has nurtured and sustained us.
Hear my prayer for N., my son/daughter.
Keep him/her safe in time of battle
and faithful to you, day in and day out.
Bring him/her safely home to those who love him/her.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. 4. Prayer for Those who Await a Soldier’s Return
God of all goodness,
Look with love on those who wait
for the safe return of their loved ones
who serve in the armed forces of their country.
In faith and hope, we turn to you for comfort.
Grant that we may trust in your mercy
and send an angel to sustain us as we await their safe return.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. 5. For Government Leaders
God of power and might, wisdom and justice,
through you authority is rightly administered,
laws are enacted, and judgment is decreed.
Assist with your spirit of counsel and fortitude
the President and other government leaders of these United States.
May they always seek
the ways of righteousness, justice and mercy.
Grant that they may be enabled by your powerful protection
to lead our country with honesty and integrity.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. 6. For the Safety of Soldiers
Almighty and eternal God,
those who take refuge in you will be glad
and forever will shout for joy.
Protect these soldiers as they discharge their duties.
Protect them with the shield of your strength
and keep them safe from all evil and harm.
May the power of your love enable them to return home
in safety, that with all who love them,
they may ever praise you for your loving care.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. 7. For our Enemies
Jesus, Prince of Peace,
you have asked us to love our enemies
and pray for those who persecute us.
We pray for our enemies and those who oppose us.
With the help of the Holy Spirit,
may all people learn to work together
for that justice which brings true and lasting peace.
To you be glory and honor for ever and ever. 8. For Courage in the time of Battle
O Prince of peace, we humbly ask your protection
for all our men and women in military service.
Give them unflinching courage to defend
with honor, dignity and devotion,
the rights of all who are imperiled
by injustice and evil.
Be their rock, their shield, and their stronghold
and let them draw their strength from you.
For you are God, for ever and ever. 9. In a Time of Waiting
All powerful and ever-living God,
Guard our churches, our homes, our schools,
our hospitals, our factories, and all the places where we gather.
Deliver us from harm and peril.
Protect our land and its peoples from enemies within and without.
Grant an early peace with victory founded upon justice.
Instill in the hearts and minds of men and women everywhere
a firm purpose to live forever in peace and good will toward all.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. 10. For Deceased Veterans
by whose mercy the faithful departed find rest,
look kindly on your departed veterans who gave their
lives in the service of their country.
Grant that through the passion, death, and resurrection of your Son
they may share in the joy of your heavenly kingdom
and rejoice in you with your saints forever.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. A Soldier’s Prayers
1. For Families and friends Left At Home
O God, Protector of all people and nations,
protect my family and friends at home
from the violence and evil of others.
Keep them safe from the weapons of hate and destruction
and guard them against the deeds of evildoers.
Grant them your protection and care
in tranquility and peace.
Grant this through Christ our Lord. 2. On the Eve of Battle
God of power and mercy,
maker and love of peace,
to know you is to live,
and to serve you is to reign.
Through the intercession of St. Michael, the archangel,
be our protection in battle against all evil.
Help me [us] to overcome war and violence
and to establish your law of love and justice.
Grant this through Christ our Lord. 3. For Hope in the Midst of Destruction
God of mercy,
you know the secrets of all human hearts,
for you know who is just and you forgive the repentant sinner.
Hear my prayer in the midst of destruction;
give me patience and hope,
so that under your protection and with you as my guide,
I may one day be reunited with my family and friends
in peace, tranquility, and love.
Grant this through Christ our Lord. 4. Prayer For Officers In Command
God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
Hear my prayer for these soldiers under my command.
Grant that I may bring the spirit of Christ
to all my efforts and orders
as I exercise my authority over those entrusted to my care.
Inform my judgment with your Holy Spirit
so that I may make decisions
in conformity with your law and for the common good.
Grant this through Christ our Lord. 5. For Fellow Combatants
Remember Christ your Son who is peace itself
and who has washed away our hatred with His blood.
Because you love all men and women,
look with mercy on all who are engaged in battle.
Banish the violence and evil within all combatants
so that one day, we may all deserve to be
called your sons and your daughters.
Grant this through Christ our Lord. 6. For the innocent victims of war
your own Son was delivered into the hands of the wicked,
yet he prayed for his persecutors
and overcame hatred with the blood of the Cross.
Relive the sufferings of the innocent victims of war;
grant them peace of mind, healing of body,
and a renewed faith in your protection and care.
Grant this through Christ our Lord. 7. Prayer for refugees and victims of war
no one is a stranger to you
and no one is ever far from your loving care.
In your kindness, watch over refugees and victims of war,
those separated from their loved ones,
young people who are lost,
and those who have left home or who have run away from home.
Bring them back safely to the place where they long to be
and help us always to show your kindness
to strangers and to all in need
Grant this through Christ our Lord. via USCCB – (Liturgy) – A Prayer for Troops.
Vodpod videos no longer available. Veterans Day – November 11 – Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs
Follow my videos on vodpod
Freebies for Veterans and Their Families:
A trusted friend sent me an email with these freebies for veterans and their families:
In honor of Veterans Day on Nov. 11, restaurants, retail stores and entertainment centers across the country are offering some truly amazing deals and some okay deals for everyone from veterans and their families to firefighters and police officers.
- Applebee’s Restaurant – Free dinners to veterans throughout the day
- Outback Steakhouse – Free Blooming Onion and beverage
- Golden Corral Free buffet dinner from 5-9 p.m. on Nov. 16 to anyone who has ever served in the U.S. military
- Krispy Kreme – One free doughnut of any variety
- UNO Chicago Grill- Free entrée or individual pizza with an entrée or pizza purchase of equal or greater value
- Coushatta Casino Resort – The Louisiana casino and resort is offering a free seven-clans lunch or dinner buffet to veterans or active military
- MarketPlace Grill & Express – Veterans and active-duty military receive free entrée
- Masala Wok – The Northern Virginian restaurant is offering a free entrée to veterans
- Hy-Vee supermarkets – The mid-western supermarket chain is offering a free breakfast to veterans
- Abuelo’s Mexican Food Restaurants – All veterans and active-duty military receive a free entrées
- Carolina Burgers & BBQ – In Matthews, NC is offering a free meal to all service members and veterans
- Brides Across America – Provides free wedding gowns to qualified military brides
- Lowe’s & Home Depot – Extra 10% off to active-duty military members, National Guard and reserve members, retirees, honorably discharged veterans and immediate family members
- Sam’s Club – Over 25,000 Hugo canes will be given away to U.S. veterans in need of mobility assistance. Membership is not required, but supplies are limited, so check with your local store
- Amazon.com – Free “Veterans Day Honor” MP3 album download. The album includes 12 songs by The Bands and Ensembles of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Cabela’s Outdoor Store – Offers their employee discount to all veterans, active-duty military and reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel Nov. 11-12. Discounts vary from 5% to 50%, depending on the item
- Build-a-Bear Workshop – Members of the armed services including the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Reserve Officer Training Corps, will receive a 20% discount Nov. 11-15 on any one transaction at Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Dollar General – 10% discount for all veterans, active-duty military, National Guard and reserve and their immediate families
- Fashion Bug – 20% off all plus-size and misses clothing purchases with a copy of military ID or spouse’s military ID
- National parks, forests and monuments – Admission is free to everyone on Veterans Day
- Knott’s Berry Farm – Free park admission to U.S. armed forces personnel and a guest during Veteran’s Month, November 1-26
- Colonial Williamsburg – Free admission Nov. 6-11 for active-duty military, guard and reservists, retirees, veterans and their dependents
- San Jacinto Museum of History – Free visits to the Observation Deck, theatre, and special exhibit for veterans, active duty military personnel, and their families
- Historic Jamestown – Free admission to veterans, current Armed Forces members and their family members
- Battleship Cove – Free admission and a special ceremony for veterans, active, duty and reservists
- Vicksburg National Military Park – Free admission for all
- Birmingham Museum of Art – Free admission to the ticketed event “Life and Liberty” on Nov. 10-11 for veterans and active military
- Vulcan Park and Museum In Birmingham, Alabama is offering discounted admission through November to the park and museum
- Greenbay (WI) New Zoo – Free admission to veterans and their families
- Central Florida Zoo – Free admission to the Sanford, Florida zoo with proper ID
- Strategic Air & Space Museum- Free admission for veterans Nov. 11-14 to the Ashland, Neb. museum
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum – in Oklahoma City offers free admission to veterans and five guests from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Veterans Day
- Natural Elements Spa & Salon – In Chesapeake, Virginia, will provide free services from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to both active duty and retired military
As with all things internet and email related, please make sure to contact any the above-mentioned retailers and restaurants prior to leaving your home just to make sure.Happy Veteran’s Day! And to all of those who serve or have served, thank you so very much for risking your life for me. May the Lord bless you and keep you always.
Patrons of Soldiers
- Adrian of Nicomedia
- Ignatius of Loyola
- James the Greater
- Joan of Arc
- Louis IX
- Martin of Tours
- Michael the Archangel
- Stanislaus of Cracow
- Theodore Stratelates